Personal Injury Overview
The law defines a wrongful death as “the death of a person caused by the conduct or negligence of another.” Georgia and Tennessee law not only base the claim on damages to the decedent, but base it upon the damage the loved one’s death causes the surviving spouse, family members or even parents. Georgia and Tennessee law allows the claimant to recover expenses in the absence of the decedent. This includes loss of salary, health benefits, pain and suffering and other factors that place burdens on the surviving family members or distributes/beneficiaries.
Wrongful deaths may occur as the result of many types of accidents such as a car crash, construction site accident, semi-truck collision, train accident, bicycle accident, boating accident, slip, trip and fall, a defective product, or medical malpractice.
Survivors/beneficiaries may be eligible for compensation for the following types of damages:
- Sorrow, mental anguish, and loss of solace which includes loss of society, companionship, comfort and guidance
- Any reasonably expected loss in income of the decedent suffered by the survivors/beneficiaries
- Any reasonably expected loss of services, protection, care, and/or assistance which the decedent provided to the survivors/beneficiaries
- Expenses for the care, treatment and hospitalization of the decedent incident to the injury resulting in death
- Reasonable funeral expenses
Do Not Rely On Insurance Companies
Do not accept any claim before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies have adopted settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in an accident. Insurance adjusters will contact you or your family shortly after an accident to try to gain your confidence. In doing so, insurance adjusters often try to present themselves as the friend of the injured person or the family of the person who was killed in an accident. The goal of such contact is to settle the case on terms as favorable as possible for the insurance company.
You Are Our Top Priority
Dennis and King are old fashion Chattanooga wrongful death lawyers who limit the number of cases we take so we can give top-flight personal service. We are not a big “settlement mill” that will merely process your case. We maintain a statewide reputation for the care we take with each of our clients. Experience the Dennis and King difference. Give us a call today at (423) 892-5533 or fill out our contact form.
A combination of experience, expertise, and exceptional dedication to the needs of every client is the cornerstone of our success. Negligence causes many accidents, so it is imperative that anyone involved in an accident contact an experienced Chattanooga injury attorney. Please remember that it is vital to act swiftly after an accident has killed your loved one – hard though that may be. The sooner you involve a Chattanooga personal injury attorney, the better we will be able to preserve evidence, gather essential witnesses and address any other important factors.
- Medical reimbursement
- Payment for past and future income loss
- Full compensation for pain and suffering
- Peace of mind in knowing your financial interests are being protected
We Are There For You
- Same day, evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits for the severely injured
- Never a fee until we receive a settlement for you
- We will go to trial if a fair settlement is not obtained
- Serving Georgia and Tennessee