Motorcycle Accidents Overview
There is nothing that compares to riding on a motorcycle. Unfortunately, motorcycles offer little protection from other drivers. They don’t have seat belts or shoulder harnesses and the rider is vulnerable to a direct hit on the legs and hips or being thrown off the bike itself. motorcycle accidents can result in bicycle or serious injuries such as catastrophic burns, broken bones, traumatic brain injury, neck & back, and spinal cord injuries.
Experienced Chattanooga motorcycle accident attorneys Tricia Dennis and Russell King are avid fans of motorcycles, but they realize how serious motorcycle accidents can be. In most cases, motorcycle collisions happen due to the gross negligence of other drivers. Usually, the other driver fails to see the motorcyclist. That doesn’t qualify as an excuse under the law in any state.
Motorcycle accidents usually occur due to several hazardous situations, including:
- Bad weather can impair a motorcyclist’s braking or handling capabilities. Wet or icy roadways can seriously impair his ability to control a bike.
- Motorcyclists may have difficulty seeing potholes, train tracks, fallen branches or oil spots. Debris that has fallen from another vehicle can force a biker to weave or brake suddenly.
- Negligent car drivers injure many motorcyclists when they take a left turn in front of the motorcyclist. This is particularly dangerous at intersections with no left turn signals.
- Windy conditions can make a motorcycle very difficult to control. Even the gusty breezes caused by a passing truck can jerk a motorcycle across the road.
- Car drivers often don’t see motorcycles when they are in a long line of traffic. It’s easy to become invisible when you’re in a vehicle’s blind spot. Collisions occur while changing lanes.
Do Not Rely On Insurance Companies
Do not accept any claim before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies have adopted settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in a motorcycle accident. Insurance adjusters will contact you or your family shortly after a motorcycle accident to try to gain your confidence. In doing so, insurance adjusters often try to present themselves as the friend of the injured person or the family of the person who was killed in an accident. The goal of such contact is to settle the case on terms as favorable as possible for the insurance company.
You Are Our Top Priority
Dennis and King are old fashion Chattanooga motorcycle lawyers who limit the number of cases we take so we can give top-flight personal service. We are not a big “settlement mill” that will merely process your case. We maintain a state-wide reputation for the care we take with each of our clients. Experience the Dennis and King difference. Give us a call today at (423) 892-5533 or fill out our contact form.
Experience, expertise, and exceptional dedication to the needs of every client is the cornerstone of our reputation. Since negligence causes so many accidents, it is important that anyone involved in an accident contact an experienced Chattanooga injury attorney. Please remember that it is vital to act swiftly after you’ve been injured. The sooner you involve a Chattanooga personal injury attorney, the better we will be able to preserve evidence, gather essential witnesses and address any other important factors.
- Medical reimbursement
- Payment for past and future income loss
- Full compensation for pain and suffering
- Peace of mind in knowing your financial interests are being protected
We Are There For You
- Same day, evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits for the severely injured
- Never a fee until we receive a settlement for you
- We will go to trial if a fair settlement is not obtained
- Serving Georgia and Tennessee